210528 Photoshoot - CosmoPole.shop

When I first "discovered" dancer and choreographer Elena Nishchenko's Instagram account, for some reason I thought she was in Europe. As soon as I discovered that she was in fact based in Los Angeles, I reached out to her to see if she would be interested in collaborating and creating. She seemed receptive, though a bit lukewarm on the idea initially. I suggested that we could shoot at her CosmoPole showroom, and that really spurred things forward. She then asked if her friend Claudia Renèe, another dancer and choreographer, could join us. I enthusiastically replied yes, and we set a date and time for the photoshoot.

Lighting was a bit of a challenge due to the space constraints of the showroom, but once we dialed in the settings we were good to go. Almost three hours later, we came away with almost 400 incredible frames! Elena and Claudia were tremendous to work with! They are both incredibly creative, superbly athletic and stunning!

I can't decide if like the black-and-white better than the color version or not!
Model: Elena Nishchenko

An inverted Biellmann spin!
Model: Elena Nishchenko
Outfit: Sirène

Model: Claudia Renée
Pants by Rev Activ











I am just so thrilled with the results, and even more thrilled that Elena and Claudia are both happy with the results! I cannot wait to create with them again! Hopefully, our schedules this summer will align for a photoshoot at FD Photo Studio's "Rain Room." In the meantime, you'll find more images from our collaboration on their Instagram feeds, @lenaanishchenko and @itsclaudiarenee, respectively.

Big shout-out to Abigail Perez for her help in shooting the behind-the-scenes video footage, which you can find on my TikTok page, IGTV feed and IG feed!




Comments