210527 Mixed Mane Jubilee

I have known Sharmane Johnson for a couple years now, and I knew she was a comic book aficionado and enthusiast. I had no idea she was the COO and boss lady of Gulfcoast Cosmos Comics though, until she told me that she was leaving LA to move to Houston. Somehow our conversation shifted to cosplay and she mentioned that her hair was at optimal Jubilee length. I was like, "We should do a cosplay shoot before you leave!"

So we did.



Sharmane was a treat to create with, and she was very patient as I dealt with a technical problem. We had to keep re-trying captures as the shutter on my camera was not releasing properly. It kept having a delay. I thought maybe I had inadvertently turned on bracketing. After double-checked my settings and even resetting them, I still could not get rid of the delay. I later determined that I had somehow turned on red-eye reduction, which I never use and had completely forgot about since I use speedlights off camera.  Fortunately, we were able to time things properly and I am thrilled that Sharmane loved the final results. 

Comments